Wednesday, August 7, 2013

In the Beginning.....

Once upon a time,
There was this girl.  She kept buying bigger clothes and being in denial about her weight.  Until she saw the pictures from her daughter's Christmas Program.  Ugh.  Gag worthy.  And even then, she did nothing.  Then her son got diagnosed with Autism.  And then her daughter with developmental delays.  Endless rounds of therapy started.  Endless amounts of takeout food simply because there weren't enough hours in the day to work, drive, therapize, cook and manage schedules.  And then one day, a therapist encouraged her to run. Not much, just some Couchto5k, no biggie.  And she did.  And she LOVED it; and never looked back.
The End.

Well, not really.  Because this mom was unaware that good shoes make a whole lotta difference.  That shin splints are the worst thing ever when you have a toddler and that pounding the pavement alone isn't enough.  In the two years since I started running I've lost weight & inches (I have no idea how much-numbers stress me!), I've gained muscle, confidence, knowledge & SANITY.  I've learned there's always something new to learn.  I've ran lots of 5ks, training runs, fun runs, an obstacle course race and endless miles of country roads, tracks and sidewalks.  This fall I'm embarking on a new journey, heading into my first 15K and my first Half.
This will be my new story......enjoy!

                                This is me near my heaviest, at my son's birthday party-August 2011....

                                                   My Husband and I in November of 2011.....
Football For Women 101 Fall 2012 
GO POKES!
Football for Women 101 Fall 2013
ORANGE POWER!!!
My college roomie and I last month....inches smaller and pounds lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment